An athlete and parent herself, Dr. Riebel understands the importance of doing everything possible to keep student athletes safe and healthy on the field and court. We offer annual sports cardiology screenings along with in-depth cardiac evaluation for athletes.
With sports cardiology Dr. Riebel with her medical team will evaluate the athlete and suggests the most appropriate treatments that may allow the athlete to stay active in sports. We will work with you to efficiently diagnose and treat your symptoms.
Your evaluation and treatment are tailored to your individual needs and may include:
- A thorough review of your medical history
- A review of your athletic history
- An evaluation of your symptoms
- A cardiovascular physical examination
- An electrocardiogram
- Cardiopulmonary exercise tests or other diagnostic cardiac tests, when indicated
- Laboratory testing
- A sports nutrition consultation
- A sports medicine evaluation and consultation
- Physical therapy
- Training advice to stay active in sports and improve your athletic performance
- Referrals to other specialists, if a cardiologist can’t resolve your health issue